Sunday, June 7, 2009

Rhubarb madness

Rhubarb is coming up everywhere!  Jon told me it would grow faster than I could pick it so use as much as I want (I've sorta taken this as a challenge...just how many Strawberry Rhubarb pies can I bake?!).  Not only do I have it growing in my back yard, but being the resident baker on this isle has led people to just drop it off on my stoop in bundles (which is kinda sweet to come home to a stack of rhubarb on my cottage porch).  There have been no complaints at The Sea Store when I bring in hot pies out of the oven and they are scooped up quickly.  Just so everyone knows...this is only the beginning of pie season so hold onto your hats!

1 comment:

The-Messy-Kitchen said...

ahh so jealous...I need to get a move on my rhubarb baking!! Your pie looks delicious!