Saturday, June 6, 2009

ahhhh spring...

That's right, spring (remember, I am in Maine right now). The sun is shining, birds are singing, there are lady slippers everywhere, and the cool ocean breeze is coming in through my porch windows into the little cottage. Finn has permanently planted himself on the old antique couch on the glassed in porch where he can observe every single person that comes on and off of the island. Barking when he feels it's necessary of course.

My garden is really coming along, my wonderful landlord Jon has created a mini greenhouse for all my little plants to stay warm on the cool evenings and provide a haven for them to grow as quickly as possible. I will have lettuce ready to pick soon believe it or not!

Life out here on the island is quiet and good. There is a peace. . . a stillness out here. My early morning walks have turned into a perfect meditation whether the sun is shining or the mist from the ocean is so thick I can't see past the shore line. . .the beach has become such a part of me. I am content for now and growing and learning. So thankful for spring and space to breathe. So blessed to have the life I have.

No comments: