Thursday, May 28, 2009

mud season

Oh man is spring beautiful in Maine, everything goes from the neutral brown that winter had left in it's wake to beautiful bright greens, purples, and yellows of blooming and budding flowers.  I walk the beast every morning around 6am and we almost always run into my neighbors walking their little pup Ebony...they were kind enough to point out to me a few patches of Lady Slippers that were poking their little heads up.  Well on my walk yesterday morning, I spotted some new-in-complete-bloom-Lady Slippers! Oh and are they beautiful!!!  My neighbors informed me that they are of the orchid family and from seed to bloom is seven years, which has made every discovery of a new one even more exciting... 

However...with the blooms comes the mud and each day I have the pleasure of encountering the beast AFTER a romp in the woods and each day, I get this look:
Thankfully, he cleans up well and each day has been a new adventure with more laughs.  Looking forward to warmer dryer days!  

No comments: