Saturday, May 30, 2009

a day fit for a queen


My grandmother turned 85 yesterday.  That's right, the lady to the left... 85, never would have guessed.  I must say I have loved being able to celebrate these moments with family since I have been back in Maine.  It has been many years since I have actually been around for my grandmothers birthday, or anyone else's for that matter and I realize how lucky I am to have a grandmother that is 85 and how blessed I am to be able to share a portion of that day with her.  She went out to lunch, she ate lobster for dinner (and some really fabulous rolls I was informed!), and I made her a chocolate butter cake with peanut butter cream cheese frosting - decorated with tempered chocolate cigarettes (made by hand believe it or not) and chocolate boarder.  She was treated like a queen, well.... as close as we could all get, and I can only hope that on my 85th birthday I am surrounded by people that love and care for me as much as we all love and care for her.  We are lucky to have her with us and hope she had a fantastic day.  

Happy Birthday Nanny Jane, you are loved by many!
xo



nan's birthday cake

1 comment:

The-Messy-Kitchen said...

Aww...Tell Nanny Jane I wish her a Happy Birthday!!! :)