Sunday, November 16, 2008

tis the season!

For apple pie!  
Mom walked into the cottage the other afternoon while I was baking apple pies and said whatever it was that was in the oven reminded her of her grandmothers house when she was a little girl...and to tell you the truth, I found a little bit of joy in that.  It smelled cozy and organic inside that little cottage while it was brisk and windy outside and I was really glad that there was someone to share that particular moment with, someone that would appreciate it as much as I, especially my mother.  If anyone far away from family is wanting a nostalgic moment, I would highly recommend making a simple pie dough, tossing some apples with cinnamon and sugar, baking it up, then sit down with a cup of hot chocolate, your favorite book, and enjoy the fabulous aroma escaping from your oven!

No comments: