Monday, June 7, 2010

a weekend with my girl... and home again.

How inspiring it was to be with my girl...how beautiful it was that my girl and my boy were immediately in sync. How perfect the lazy weekend was in North Carolina. Oh, how HOT it was!!
Good thing we had a fan and Andy... (who the gentleman in the back is I can't quite remember). As always it was like we had been together all along. We sat and chatted over coffee about the near future, just like old times. It went by all to fast, as usual but she is taking the trek up here next month with a great new addition Suze!

Returning home, however wasn't too shabby... we returned to the warm weather of spring in Maine, to this house:
With a sign out front to tell us:
(Chard in fridge...just in case you can't see)

Which came from the garden/farm that is booming in Andy's back yard (thank you Nate):
oh... and lets not forget the peonies that are blooming:

and blooming:
Then off to Andy's family camp today to enjoy our day off... which has a view like this:
and peaks over rose bushes for that spectacular view:
oh and a little skipping of rocks (which, I might add...Andy is pretty amazing at...if there were a rock skipping competition today, he would have won). Good job Andy. Turns out the dog thought the rocks were a blast to chase and we actually had a moment of swimming (panicked as it may have been, all four paws were off the ground).
The boys played so so hard, they both fell asleep in the car while driving home. (Yes, I took this while driving...but eyes were on the road, I promise.)

No comments: