Sunday, January 17, 2010

a work in progress

Yes...this is the same bagel recipe I have been working on for ohhhh a couple years now??! Julia at Sweets & Meats asked me to produce some bagels for the store, so I woke my starter from it's slumber (the same one that travelled from Oregon with me last year) and started to feed it. I changed my hydration rate to 100% for the sake of the bagels. I also tried an overnight ferment in the refrigerator (which proved to be a bit cool) and next time I will boil them less time....that being said, they came out pretty damn good and I was happy with the trial run! More testing in the week to come and hope to have them out for sale by mid week...wish me luck!

1 comment:

The-Messy-Kitchen said...

YUMMMM!!!!! I love bagels, actually I think the last half of my Costa Rica trip consisted of wanting to bake and eat bagels hah! Can't wait to try the final recipe.