Saturday, March 28, 2009

makin' biscuits

I have found the most delicious, the most divine, light, fluffy, oh so devourable  (if that is even a word) biscuit recipe in the whole wide world (okay, that might be a bit over the top, but they are really good!)  I will eat these for breakfast, I will eat the for lunch, "I would eat them in a box, I would eat them with a fox" ... okay, you all get the picture, they are absolutely fabulous.

Something has gotten into me and I have been a baking fool these past couple of days.  With the biscuits, last night for dinner I made these farmhouse tarts with ricotta, sage leaves, Parmesan cheese, egg, salt and pepper to taste as well as a lemon butter cake with a tart lemon glaze for dessert (which was also divine with coffee this morning!). Oh so good.  Tonight?  Feta pies.  I also have two cheese and basil loaves rising as well as a sun dried tomato and a pan au levain.  This little cottage is full of warm doughy love!






(I know, there is no picture of the hot biscuits out of the oven...we were too hungry last night and just dug in, sorry...next time!)

No comments: