Tuesday, January 6, 2009

fabulous friend + hot coffee + great food = perfect morning


Breakfast at Bintliffs with one of my greatest friends Annie brought back a few memories. On a recent visit to Portland, Maine I couldn't resist a stop at Bintliffs American Cafe one of my favorite places to enjoy breakfast when I lived in Portland a few years back.  Sitting down to a hot Americano on the coldest day we had had yet, there was no place I would have rather been.  We placed our orders and gabbed until the indulgent course was brought to our table...my gingerbread pancakes with lemon sauce lay somewhere between a colossal meal for a t-rex and a hefty breakfast for a  lumber jack....not, I can assure you, for a gal my size!!  I have been known to polish off my share of a big meal, however, this, my friends, was a bit much:


One to-go box later, I hardly got a chance to fit in any of Annie's Tuscan egg scramble that I am certain was exceptional, but I did get a chance to enjoy a fabulous time with a funny and intelligent friend over hot coffee and good food on a cold cold day. 

No comments: