Tuesday, September 23, 2008

coffee of the GODS! (no joke)

If this is not the picture of perfection, I'm not quite sure what is.  I spend entire mornings dreaming about espresso from the Cellar Door.  I have NEVER in my WHOLE life had a coffee as good as the Cellar Door's coffee.  The owner, Jeremy and his wife Andrea, roast their own beans and know (as far as I'm concerned) everything I ever wanted to know about coffee...and more.  I have drank a lot of coffee from countless places as far reaching as New Zealand, France, and Hawaii and have really enjoyed some coffee, even loved some coffee....but this...this is in a league of it's own.  Smooth, consistent, and perfect every time.  If you live in Portland, OR or plan on visiting, I would highly recommend just stopping in on the corner of SE 11th and Harrison in an old pharmacy, simply decorated with great character.  The music is never so loud you can't think and Jeremy welcomes you to stay as long as you want.  I also feel quite spoiled because on my early bake days when I get off around 9am, I will bring him some hot fresh bagels and I get an Americano in trade.  I have convinced him he is getting a great deal, but I think I really come out on top!  Thank you Jeremy (and Andrea) for all the wonderful cups...we will see you next time!

No comments: