Saturday, July 26, 2008

we are on our way.....

Squash Blossom Bakery coming soon.......That's correct folks, you heard right!....After five years, three months, 22 days, and six hours I will be returning to my great home state o' Maine. Our ETA will be sometime in late September, just in time for pumpkin pies and applesauce! You will all have a chance to get acquainted with the man in my life, Dave Mac, and begin to indulge in some yummy goodies I will set to bake upon arrival... I will be writing regularly to keep you all updated and posting tasty treats I am baking right now at Tastebud in Portland, OR.


A bit of what we are about.... I think it is safe to say that we are completely and utterly in love with food. Sweet, savory, hot, cold, fancy, simple, and the list goes on. Avid supporters of the Slow Food movement (see link) and conscious living, we live to eat and find great purpose in helping to spread the word about local, fair, and sustainable goods. We are also dedicated outdoor....."enthusiasts(?)"....Dave Mac has been in the back-country for the past two months in Washington and Oregon, rafting, paddling, hiking, biking, summiting, beach camping, and well, pretty much anything that involves the outdoors. (Although he is loving every minute I must admit, I am ready for him to come home!). This is only the beginning. We are looking forward to reconnecting with everyone back home and hope to contribute as much as we can to our new community. Until then keep checking in and learn a little about the great things happening in Portland, OR!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Woohoo! Great to see you on the internets...makes it all seem more real, I guess, because it is! I am sure you will need to practice some of your recipes before you go, and I am here for you if you need a taster. :)

Anonymous said...

im tearing up! im so excited for you and proud of you!! i know you'll be a HUGE success, now i just need to convince you to do it in portland for the 9 months i'll still be here for:) i can't wait to eat all of your delish creations

Amy Shepard said...

Hey Jess!! I haven't seen you in what seems like forever! I am so excited to see you and be able to hang out. I really enjoy reading your blogs and what life is like in Portland! Can't wait to see you and meet Dave! Love you!